Friday, April 11, 2008

Keys to Nowhere

My purse was organized. Once. Now it holds everything I might happen to need in an emergency including bandaids, important papers that I lose often, and chapstick. Recently, when digging for who knows what, I reached in and pulled out a set of two keys, with a label. 
Normal people would not carry keys like these around with them, but when my mom was about to throw them out, I stopped her and put them in my purse. I do not know why I keep them or why they are in my purse, I just cannot stand the thought of throwing them away. So they stay hidden in the depths of a magenta purse, keys to nowhere. 
You see, the doors that belong to this set of keys are gone. Destroyed in a landfill or maybe lying in a pile of rubble on in the doorway where they once hung. 

No comments: